This is the Max Holden edition. Book is in very good condition. Some discoloration of the cover. Golden Gate Magic Co. sticker on the inside back cover.
This is volume two in the classic sleight-of-hand trilogy. From the foreword:
Since many branches of Magic are again represented in this volume, a close study of it will, I sincerely hope, assist the reader in perhaps making some little change, addition or improvement in an existing 'move' or effect in which he may be interested.
I have included in this book my method of working and presenting "The Chinese Rings," mainly for those of my readers who have not up to now performed this effect, and who may desire a reliable and effective method of presentation for this "classic" trick.
- AUTHOR'S FOREWORD
- CHAPTER I. FURTHER CARD SLEIGHTS AND THEIR USES
- The "Pass" Again
- The Kings And Tens
- The E.V. Semi-Circular Colour Change
- A Color Change Card Effect
- Method Of Reversing The Bottom Card
- A Move For The "Rising Cards"
- "Face To Face" Pack Effects
- A "Fan" Card Change
- A "Quick" Reversed Card Trick
- A False "Riffle Shuffle"
- CHAPTER II. THE CARDS AND HANDKERCHIEF EFFECT
- The Four Mental Cards
- The Sense Of Touch
- The Magnetized Cards
- CHAPTER III. A RESTORED TAPE AND RING EFFECT
- Introducing A Novel Principle
- CHAPTER IV. THE CHINESE RINGS
- Author's Original Method Of Presentation
- CHAPTER V. HANDKERCHIEF SECTION
- CHAPTER VI. BILLIARD BALL SECTION
- An Effective Vanish And Recovery
- A Comedy Ball Move
- A "Passe-Passe" Billiard Ball Effect
- CHAPTER VII. CIGAR SECTION
- Production Of Cigars From A Purse
- Series Of Sleights And Moves For The Production Of Four Cigars
- CHAPTER VIII. MISCELLANEOUS SECTION
- A Vanishing Glove Effect
- The "Pop" Thimble Vanish
- An Original Coin Production
- The "Rainbow" Penknife
- A "Matter-Thro'-Matter" Penknife Effect
- An Impromptu Knife And Salt Trick
- The Flying Salt
- A WORD ON TABLES
1st edition 1942.
|Publisher: ||D. Robbins & Co.|