Customer rank: +4This work has the earliest known reference to a nail writer. It has an interesting section on appearing inks and covers in fascinating detail slates, ties, table lifting as well as a few other stage magic effects.
1st edition 1898; original 148 pages; PDF 80 pages.
Table of Contents
- CHAPTER I. The Single Slate.
- - Inks that Appear through Heat.
- - Inks that Appear under the Influence of Light.
- - Inks Appearing through Reagents.
- CHAPTER II. The Double Slate.
- CHAPTER III. Miscellaneous Slate Tests.
- CHAPTER IV. Mind Reading and Kindred Phenomena.
- CHAPTER V. Table Lifting and Spirit Rapping.
- CHAPTER VI. Spiritualistic Ties.
- CHAPTER VII. Post Tests, Handcuffs, Collars, etc.
- CHAPTER VIII. Séances and Miscellaneous Spirit Tricks.
- CHAPTER IX. Miscellaneous Tricks. The "Magician's Omelette."
- - Spinning and Balancing Tricks.
- - The Blindfolded Juggler.
- - The "Surprise" Pen.
- - The "Miraculous Wineglasses."
- - The "Mysterious Vase."
- - The "Mermaid's Head."
- - "Card Cricket."
- - "Cupid Lighter than a Butterfly."
word count: 32571 which is equivalent to 130 standard pages of text