The Triskadequadra Principle marks a substantive step forward in the evolution of card magic. John Hostler has isolated two very special properties inherent in a riffle-shuffled deck – properties buried in the mathematics underlying tools such as the Gilbreath Principle. A must-have for serious pasteboard scholars and principle geeks, this ebook also provides a generous selection of real-world applications:
- Equilibrium – Cards are slowly dropped to the table until a spectator senses equilibrium. These cards are found to comprise an intriguing (and previously predicted!) mix of the four suits.
- Rogue Heart – A card selected in tension-building fashion "optimizes" a secret poker hand held from the start by a spectator.
- Bar Bits – Two clever pub swindles designed to wet your whistle on any given Saturday night. For entertainment purposes only.
- Suitelepathy – A telepathic connection allows the performer to divine the colors and suits of a freely selected packet of cards.
- The TDQ Deck – A combination force/pump deck that can be spectator-shuffled and displayed face-up.
"The book is well written, well priced, contains a very cool and extremely versatile principle and should be in the arsenal or at least think tank of every performer who uses playing cards." [4.5 Stars] - Jeff Stone
"John Hostler has made an important discovery. The Triskadequadra Principle allows you to create strong, memorable magic and it opens up new vistas of exploration… Highly recommended." - Tom Frame, Genii Forum
"This is highly recommended for those who are serious about card magic and want to get their teeth in to something that will make them think." - Paul Romhany, Vanish Magazine
1st edition 2012, 24 pages
word count: 6429 which is equivalent to 25 standard pages of text