Move cursor into image to halt slide show.
Click image to stop/start slide show.
This is a beautiful comics title which entertains as much as it informs you about the history of magic. See illustrated stories from the lives of Robert-Houdin and Harry Houdini. Learn the secrets of some of the most famous stage illusions as well as the 'most marvelous trick in the world'.
This was issued as #23 in the 'World Around Us' series. Art by George Evans and Gray Morrow.
The Illustrated Story of Magic was never reprinted. This digital edition is the first republication of this title in the Classics Illustrated series. Additionally it is the first digital edition of any of the many titles from the Classics Illustrated series.
[This ebook is a licensed reproduction. The copyrights are owned by Jack Lake Productions.]
1st edition 1960; 67 pages.
- The Wizard of France – the story of Jean-Eugene Robert-Houdin
- Secrets of the Pharaohs – the story of the Rosetta Stone
- The First Magicians
- The Cursed Trick – The Bullet Catch
- The Beheading Game – the Irish legend of Cuchulainn
- The Great Houdini
- The Most Marvelous Trick in the World – The Hindu Rope Trick
- The Mysterious Traveler – the story of Paracelsus
- Witches, Magic and Medicine
- A Man of Sense – the story of Omar Khayyam
- The Truth Will Out - explanations
- The Prophet Daniel
- Heads without Bodies
- The Lady Vanishes
- How Houdini Did It
- Half a Girl is Better than None
- What’s Magic About It? - puzzles
word count: 9566 which is equivalent to 38 standard pages of text