| £7.08 | €7.96 | C$12.29 | AUD$12.52 | ₹657.40 | CN¥65.36 | JP¥1004.25 | R$36.58
This is a completely revised edition of Kantar's 1994 bestseller. The best defensive tips you will ever find are in this ebook.
- Don't compound a crime. If you, or more likely your partner, have made an error, do not lose your cool. Many contracts can still be beaten after one defensive error, seldom after TWO.
- The speed of the play may be a clue to declarer's problem. When playing a 4-3 trump fit, play usually slows to a crawl.
- Do not take your eye off the ball by focusing all of the attention on one suit to the exclusion of the entire hand.
- When declarer leads a side suit from dummmy in which declarer's length is known, do NOT give count.
- Keep your singletons and doubletons in the middle of your hand. Some players watch where your cards come from.
- Don't even think of leading a trump when the opponents are in the throes of a misfit.
- If it is CLEAR dummy has a void, underleading an ace in that suit usually works. However, if dummy turns up with a singleton and declarer has the king, don't call and don't write.
- If partner makes a daring underlead and you find yourself unexpectedly on play, chances are partner has a side suit void.
- Versus suit contracts, tend to make discards from length, particularly KNOWN length.
- No matter how badly your lead or partner's lead has turned out, no faces!
And over 500 more tips to improve your play.
1st edition 1994; revised 2007; 270 pages.
word count: 53930 which is equivalent to 215 standard pages of text
Frequently bought together with:
If you find anything wrong with this product listing, perhaps the description is wrong, the author is incorrect, or it is listed in the wrong category, then please contact us. We will promptly address your feedback.