Customer rank: +1
The Work: Volume 3: The Side Steal
covers all these aspects in detail. The quality of instruction offered here will quickly put you on the road toward mastering this most useful sleight.
Topics covered are:
- The Left-Hand Diagonal Palm (a simple, pivot-point based steal that can be quickly learned)
- The Left-Hand Peek Steal (a remarkably efficient steal of a peeked-at card)
- The Erdnase Diagonal Palm Shift (the move that separates the men from the boys, examined in a clear, easy-to-understand way with an emphasis on the key points and the problematic moments of the sleight)
- The Arthur Findley variation of the diagonal palm shift
- The Standard Side Steal (with variations of Ed Marlo’s Technical Steal and Deliberate Side Steal)
- The Gambler’s Flat-Palm Steal (three methods that will be of great value to those of you who, like me, have small hands)
- The Loewy Palm (a fast way to steal the top card of the deck into the left hand)
In addition, there is information on the psychology of card controls (including an easy control that will fool anyone – magician or layman), effective methods for delaying the side steal, methods for delaying the diagonal palm shift, turning the diagonal palm shift into an “action palm,” and resources for further study.
Those who prefer not to read large amounts of text on their computer monitors will be happy to learn that the beautiful layout was designed to be easily printed out. The level of training you receive is second only to personal instruction. You will be able to learn and master this material.
1st edition 2007; 48 pages; 61 photos, 14 video clips.
word count: 14458 which is equivalent to 57 standard pages of text