It is a bit odd to teach productions of lighted cigarettes in a book for young conjurers, but perhaps those were the days when smoking was considered good for you.
From the introduction:
That brings me to another point. Don't be afraid of a mistake, and don't allow yourself to be discouraged by one. The best men make mistakes sometimes. Still, it is as well to guard against mistakes by rehearsals. Take one trick at a time and go over it many times until you know it thoroughly. Then - and not till then - go on to another trick. In this way you will soon build up quite a little store of tricks which you can present anywhere at a moment's notice.
- Take Notice!
- Wrong Again!
- A Handkerchief Changed Into A Glove
- The New Flying Coin
- The Handkerchief And Sealed Tube
- The Rising Wand
- The "Page" Cigarette Producer
- A Silk Handkerchief Changed Into A Solid Billiard Ball
- The "Real" Hypnotic Wand
- The New Aladdin Rising Cards
- The Visible Card Finding Box
- A Handkerchief Vanish From A Small Cylinder Of Paper
- The Vanishing Pack Of Cards
- Boxes To Vanish Coins
- The New Egg Bag
- An Easy Load For A Rabbit
- Production Of A Lighted Cigarette From The Waistcoat Pocket
- Ribbons From Water
- Production Of A Bouquet From A Borrowed Handkerchief
- The Broken Hat
- The Perfect Colour-Changing Handkerchief
- The Passe-Passe Bottle Trick
- The "Encore" Changing Card
- The Improved Frame, Handkerchief And Bag Mystery
- The "Bertram" Billiard Ball Production
- The Sunshade And The Handkerchiefs
- An Easy Card "Discovery"
- The Wandering Handkerchief
- The Mysterious Hand
- How To Make Money
- The Card Stand
- The Card And The Coin
- A Mysterious Change
- To Pass A Finger Through A Penny
- The Wine And Water Trick
- The New Production Chimneys
- Handkerchief Changed To A Lemon
- The Tambourine Trick
- The New Dove Pan
- The "Chung Ling Soo" Rice Bowls Trick
- The Inexhaustible Box
1st edition 1910, 92 pages; PDF 53 pages.
word count: 15668 which is equivalent to 62 standard pages of text