Christian Cagigal is a highly decorated performer who splits his time between New York and San Francisco. His one-man shows "Now and at the Hour" and "Obscura" (among others) have received critical acclaim. He's a theatre consultant as well as the owner of the "San Francisco Ghost Hunt" walking tour.
- Why he's never fully codified his creative process.
- The restrictions he has had to deal with from the beginning.
- Who inspired him? Where does he discover ideas?
- The elements that pushed him into "implicit magic."
- Why the coolest tricks aren't the best tricks for a show and why magicians don't understand the difference between story and tricks.
- Who's the main character in a magic show?
- Once he's decided what a show will be about thematically, how does he decide on the effects?
- When will the documentary concerning "Now and at the Hour" come out?
audio 28 min