Customer rank: +2
Dr. Brent Morris covers the faro shuffle in minute detail from a mathematical analysis, to the history, applications, tricks with the faro shuffle and variations of the faro. If you want to become an expert on the faro shuffle this is a must have. Any card expert will cherish these notes because they are authoritative and exhaustive.
All ACAAN fans rejoice. You will find in this ebook the first ever published solution to this effect with faros. The effect is as follows:
The magician commits to doing exactly six perfect shuffles—no more, no less, and all perfect. The spectator names a card and a position. After the six faros, the named card is at the chosen position.
Among other things you will get:
- The history of the faro shuffle
- The mathematics of the faro shuffle
- Restoring any deck with faro shuffles
- Binary conversion card template for 1–53
- Bibliography of faro references, 1726–2007
- How to do the faro shuffle
- Paul Gertner’s “Unshuffled”
- Jon Racherbaumer’s “The Mathematican, the Psychic, and the Magician”
- Paul Swinford’s “The Seekers”
- “Any Card at Any Position”
- Plus: The Notorious Triple Faro!
[Note that about 80% of this ebook is from his earlier book Magic Tricks, Card Shuffling, and Dynamic Computer Memories (Mathematical Association of America, 1998). Dr. Morris has removed the most painful math (though there may still be pain for the math anxious) and focused on the history of the shuffle and tricks. He added a couple of tricks not in the book, the most significant is his first published solution to "Any Card At Any Number . . . With Faros."]
1st edition 2011; 36 pages.
word count: 16373 which is equivalent to 65 standard pages of text
Reviewed by David Lawson
★★★★★ Date Added: Saturday 14 November, 2015
There is no ACAAN included for a 52 card deck. The one given is for a 51 card deck. If you are looking for AACAAN (almost any card at any number) then this one may be for you, but for ACAAN - keep looking.