Quick Change, Costume ChangeRecently I have become interested in the art of quick costume changes. I am listing here all the resources I could find. If you have others, please email me or comment below. The information listed here was shared by Dennis Schick, Sam Weiss, Thorsten Happel, Chris Brown, Hans-Christian Solka, ...
- The Magicians Annual 1910-11 by Will Goldston. Includes a section on "Quick Change Secrets" by Lee Laurie.
- Exclusive Magical Secrets by Will Goldston (1912).
- Instant Magic Costume Changes by Monica Monros (2001).
- Quickchange a book in German (2003, 80pp)
- Quick Change by Sven Schoppenhauer [Lex Schoppi] (2005). This is a book for rapid costume changes for men and it is the most comprehensive publication to date. Lex is working on a second volume for women. The German edition is already available. Lex also wrote articles for the German Magie (4/2001 - 7/2008) and in the Austrian Aladin (1-3/2009).
- Quick Change Transformation by Sos & Victoria Petrosyan (2008). This is in German and is an illustrated tailor instruction for a male suit change.
- Time for a Change by Lee Alex (2009). Lecture notes only available directly from author.
- The Art of Costume Changing by Yasuda from Japan. This DVD was part of The Greater Magic Video Library. It is from Twin Cities Magic & Costume Co. by way of Joe Stevens and Stevens Magic. It was released in 2005.
- David & Dania conducted their first-ever Quick Change Workshop at the IBM Convention in Nashville 2009. It was a bit under two hours and featured completely dressing and undressing Dania -- twice! They handed out a 8 1/2 X 11, full-color booklet, showing the changes. They also showed and explained their fasteners (custom-made), heavy weights used on the dresses to make them fall, and said the materials are all lightweight synthetics.
- Jeff McBride is offering a two-day (eight-hour) workshop on quick change for $295, with special guest Lee Alex. The emphasize will be on male quick change. (For more info see www.magicalwisdom.com/
- David & Dania: www.costumechange.com David Michael Maas and Dania Kaseeva are true pioneers in this field. They offer all kinds of products and services.
- Lex Schoppi: www.lexschoppi.com Lex offers an array of products, many of his own creation. He also wrote the most comprehensive books on the subject (see above).
- Sos & Victoria Petrosyan: www.sosmagic.com
- Wikipedia has details of various performers of quick change acts: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quick-change