From the man whom Dai Vernon called: "One of the best!!!" and Frank Garcia: "One who can hold his own with the best" and Peter Pit in 1991: "Easily the best close-up performer of the year." comes this ebook with wonderful routines and thought provoking essays.
“Damn! This guy’s good, very good!” - Ken Simmons, April 1999
“A modern creator and performer who has repeatedly shown his ability to make important and lasting contributions” – Stephen Minch, Dec. 2003
“One of the great minds and two of the great hands in magic” - Matt Field, Feb. 1998
Wesley James has been universally highly praised for the clarity and depth of knowledge his earlier works have revealed. No author in magical history has incorporated more insight into construction, technique and presentation into his writings. In addition his works have been lauded for the brilliance of his creative approaches to magic.
This is Wesley James' first new book since his smash hit, sold out work Enchantments. It features new material in the thoughtful style his writings always reflects. Every critical move is described in his carefully detailed manner and/or alternatives are offered. His thinking is freely shared and much of his presentational philosophy is distilled into concrete examples in the effects and routines. While not for the rank beginner, if you want to learn how a miracle class effect should be crafted, constructed and shaped into art, this is the book from which to learn.
- Indian Giver: a two-card transposition that combines ideas from a range of modern and historical sources with Wesley's own analytical analysis to produce a treatment that will leave an audience breathless and deeply emotionally moved.
- Meaning and Artistry in Presentation
- Everything You Wanted in a Card Trick and MORE: an in-the-hands version of Triumph that expands the Goodwin Show by combining it with a color changing deck kicker.
- Creating Presentation
- Marvin The Magnificent and the The Magnificent Family: a series of reversing cards gradually reveal the identity of a selected card and ultimately the actual card itself in a highly entertaining way.
- A Corsican Relationship: an extremely novel treatment of the Diamond Cuts Diamond plot that has proven exceptionally strong for real-world audiences.
- The Gambling Teacher: a powerfully dramatic and magical new treatment of the Gambler versus magician plot that will fit perfectly into many repertoires.
- In My Estimation
- Got Milk?
This ebook offers an assembly of material from hard-to-acquire sources and previously unpublished material plus carefully considered explorations of critical aspects of presentation rarely seen in the literature.
1st edition 2007; 84 pages.
word count: 45674 which is equivalent to 182 standard pages of text