A humoristic manual about swindling, how to become a successful swindler, as well as why it is such a good thing - featuring the late captain Barabbas Whitefeather.
- Preface Of The Editor
- Chapter I. The Reader Is Introduced To Captain Whitefeather's Relations.
- Chapter II. Captain Whitefeather Takes An Enlarged View Of Swindling - Social Evils And Their Remedy.
- Chapter III. Of The Face Necessary To A Swindler - (An Incidental Speculation On The "Division Of Property") - And Of The Use And Abuse Of Mustachios.
- Chapter IV. Of The Parentage And Name Of A Swindler - Of His Equipage - Of His Moral Philosophy.
- Chapter V. A Brief Summary Of The Advantages Of Swindling.
- The Editor's Chapter To The Reader.
1st edition 1839, 87 pages; PDF 41 pages.
word count: 20567 which is equivalent to 82 standard pages of text