(2 customer ratings) ★★★★★
For a long time I had the perception that magic with thimbles is at best something for kids. Then I saw a performance by a Japanese magician. And it blew my mind. It was a fast paced, very visual and beautiful manipulation performance.
In this booklet Hugard teaches all the moves and quite a few routines to build your own thimble act. One of the big advantages of thimbles is that they are easier to manipulate than other objects such as balls and coins.
1st edition, 1936 Max Holden, New York; 46 pages
word count: 16771 which is equivalent to 67 standard pages of text
- Chapter 1: The Thimbles
- Chapter 2: Advanced Sleights
- Chapter 3: The First Thimble
- Chapter 4: Flourishes
- Chapter 5: Thimble Through Silk
- Chapter 6: Color Changes
- Chapter 7: Various Routines
- Chapter 8: A la Miser's Dream
- Chapter 9: Production and Vanish of Four Thimbles