Effect: A few cards bearing names of different countries are handed over to a spectator. He is instructed to mix the cards in a face down manner and to place the cards face down on the table. After the spectator has completed shuffling, the performer places an envelope containing a prediction on the table and hands over a playing die to the spectator. The die is rolled and the top spot on the die is noted. The cards are now picked up by the spectator and based on the top most number on the die all the cards are discarded except one. The prediction is now taken out from the envelope and it is found to be a picture of the flag of the same country which is written on the card selected by the spectator. The spectator now turns the envelope around and on the other side is the number which corresponds to the number of spots on the top of the rolled die.
- Spectator mixes the cards himself and at no point does the performer gain possession of the cards.
- Die can be rolled as many times as the spectator wishes before he finally selects the number on top. Die is not loaded.
- The prediction is placed in front of the spectator even before the die is rolled and remains throughout the experiment.
- Everything may be thoroughly examined.
- No Stooges or Pre-show work involved.
- May Be repeated instantly with varying outcomes.
1st edition 2020, PDF 3 pages.
word count: 874 which is equivalent to 3 standard pages of text