This is volume three in the classic sleight-of-hand trilogy. From the foreword by Douglas Craggs:
In this volume the reader will find a valuable and varied collection of magical effects with something to appeal to all tastes and styles. Whatever selection the reader ultimately makes from the book to enlarge his programme, may I express the hope that he will pay the author the compliment of thorough rehearsal before public presentation. Good tricks, cunning subtleties, need to be learned with care; otherwise the author's time and the reader's money are wasted, and the public is disappointed. And it is an article of faith that the public must never be disappointed with magic.
- AUTHOR'S FOREWORD
- CHAPTER I SLEIGHTS AND AIDS IN CARD WORK
- An Invisible Palm
- The "Diagonal-Palm Shift" As An Aid To The "Rising Card Trick"
- A Useful Envelope For The "Card In Cigarette Effect"
- Switching A Pack
- CHAPTER II SOME FRESH CARD EFFECTS
- The Haunted Pack
- A Miracle Burnt And Restored Card
- The Awkward Ace
- Another "Do As I Do" Effect
- A New Pocket To Pocket Effect
- Veneri's Card Trick
- CHAPTER III ON COINS
- A New Single-Handed Coin Production
- A Further Changing Coin Effect
- An Impromptu Coin Transposition
- CHAPTER IV ON ROPES
- The "E. V." Stretching Rope
- CHAPTER V ON BILLIARD BALLS
- A New Billiard Ball Holder And Its Uses
- A "Drop-Vanish" Sequence
- A Production Routine For Seven Solid Billiard Balls
- A "Quick" Colour Change
- CHAPTER VI ON CIGARS & CIGARETTES
- A Useful Cigarette Vanish And Recovery
- The Rising And Falling Cigarette
- A Novel Cigar Production
- CHAPTER VII G. W. HUNTER'S CARD TRICKS
- No. 1 "Four Of A Kind"
- No. 2 "The Sense Of Weight"
- No. 3 "The Three Prophecies"
- No. 4 "A Mental Impression"
- No. 5 "A Nap Hand"
- No. 6 "Spelling Bee"
- No. 7 "Think Of A Card"
- CHAPTER VIII MISCELLANEOUS EFFECTS
- An Impromptu Handkerchief And Thimble Routine
- "Spiritualistic" Visiting Card Mystery
- "Multiple Palming"
- A "Mental" Dice Effect
- The "Ghost" Mail
1st edition 1946, 1st digital edition 2016, 87 pages.
word count: 25735 which is equivalent to 102 standard pages of text