From the foreword:
Mr. U. F. Grant was born in Millerton, New York on January 12, 1901. Now resides in Pittsfield, Massachusetts where he plays dates and conducts a Magic mail order trade. Ever since eight years of age he has been fooling with Magic. And to date he has invented and created over 200 new tricks and improvements on other effects. His photo appeared on the cover of The Sphinx for September 1928. His contributions to The Sphinx runs into many dozens which were well received. Mr, Grant also has received many favorable comments on his various original tricks from practically every well known Magician in this country as well as many foreign countries, Mr. John N. Hilliard, Thurston's Manager says, "The name GRANT on a trick is a Hallmark of the Sterling Quality of the Wares". Mr. Lesta, World Traveler and Magician said he had witnessed plenty of Magic during his tours but when he had seen Grant's tricks, he was surprised to find out how simple the various items were accomplished. Mr. Grant is a very clever performer and his enthusiasm is 'catchy'. A very fine fellow indeed.
- No. 1. The Chinese Flower Growth
- No. 2. The Cake In The Hat
- No. 3. Buried Alive
- No. 4. The Parade Of The Queens
- No. 5. Evaporated Milk
- No. 6. A Match Goes Out
- No. 7. So I Ate The Baloney
- No. 8. The Shirt Prom No-Where
- No. 9. The Street Salesman
- No. 10. The Vanishing Lamp
- No. 11. The Spike Illusion
- No. 12. The Club Performer’s Levitation
- No. 13. (Oh 0-O-O-O-O-O-Oh My Of My!!!) The Invisible Man!
1st edition 1934; 1st digital edition 2018, 22 pages.
word count: 6397 which is equivalent to 25 standard pages of text