(1 customer rating) ★★★★★
Use lexicon or any 26 alphabet cards to present an astonishing display of mentalism and memory.
Effect: The mentalist thoroughly shuffles a set of 26 letter cards (the complete alphabet). One unidentified card is removed from the deck. Then three members of the audience divide the rest of the pack among themselves, shuffle their hands and call out in turn the letters they are holding.
- the performer correctly names the single card originally removed from the pack.
- he recites the sequence of the cards held by each of the helpers.
- the deck having been reassembled, he tells from memory the numerical position of any card called out by the audience.
- adding dexterity to memory, he simply cuts the pack at any letter called for.
- he spells out a complete word or even a short sentence by cutting in rapid succession to each of the letters required.
1st edition 1979, 6 pages; 1st digital edition 2017, 7 pages.
word count: 2412 which is equivalent to 9 standard pages of text