Aldo Colombini's favorite plot is Oil and Water. He has collected literally hundreds of variations over decades of performing magic. He has selected the best and most unique representatives of his collection here in his Oil and Water series of download DVDs.
Ten more powerful routines on the classic theme.
- DIMINISHING OIL & WATER (Aldo Colombini): Four red cards and four black cards are mixed and then separate. You repeat with six cards, then four and then two (?). At the end, the whole deck separates into black and red.
- TRI IT (Karl Fulves): A fast oil & water routine with six cards.
- TOSSED SALAD (Doug Edwards): The perfect routine to precede or follow the effect above.
- OIL AND ACES (Richard Vollmer): The classic theme performed with four red cards and four black cards with the stunning appearance of the Aces.
- OIL FOIL (Peter Duffie): A different routine that uses five red and five black cards.
- FIXIT MIXER (J.K. Hartman): A fast routine with no extra cards, just four red and four black. They separate and at the end they magically mix.
- PRELUDE & SIMPLE OIL & WATER (Nick Trost and Aldo Colombini): A multi-phase routine almost self-working.
- EMULSION CARDS REDUX (Paul Gordon): A four-phase routine that can be performed with no table in the hands of a spectator.
- MOCK OIL & WATER (John McClure): A strong routine with different colored cards (the red cards have red backs and the black cards have blue backs).
- OIL AND KINGS (Stephen Tucker): A routine with the appearance of different colored cards.