(1 customer rating) ★★★★★
A handbook on the virtual magic show for family entertainers.
I was working as a successful kids entertainer when Covid-19 hit. Like everyone else I saw all of my live work vanish and my income dwindle. I took my kids show online, and it has been pretty successful. I have now performed over 200 online shows and learned lots along the way. So, I wrote an ebook and now I am talking about it.
Now is the time to get online for the future of family entertainment!
1st edition 2020, PDF 62 pages.word count: 9984 which is equivalent to 39 standard pages of text
- PART 1: THE AUDITION
- PART 2: REHEARSALS
- The Initial Setup
- The Backdrop
- The Internet
- Which streaming platforms
- Facebook Live
- Plan B: Google Meet
- Green Screen and the Virtual Background
- Note for all streaming platforms
- Music Issues
- Pack big, play big!
- Age range
- Show length
- PART 3: YOUR SHOW
- Camera tricks
- Mirror mirror on the wall
- So, what effect should I do?
- Typical show running order
- Some Tricks for you
- Germs Can Multiply: The Corona Magic Trick
- Magic Gareth’s Slap Band Magic Wand
- What shall we do today?
- Balloon (or anything) from hat!
- And the rest
- PART 4: MOVING FORWARD WITH YOUR SHOW
- Make a Video Advert
- You are the gap between TV and live theatre
- Vision for the future: 1
- Change the way you take business
- Why selling your show is better than free online or Facebook shows
- Magic Words
- Vision for the future: 2
- The client would be silly not to have a virtual party
- The gift of giving
- PART 5: THE FULL RUN
- Things to have with you when performing
- Every child is the birthday child
- The ‘Mute Button’ revisited
- Zoom show details (know your shortcuts)
- Feeling rough?
- The 10-minute show sleuth - benefits of being early
- External issues you may encounter when you are LIVE
- Internal issues you may encounter when you are LIVE
- PART 6: INTERMISSION
- PART 7: CURTAIN CLOSE
- The show is about to finish. How do you leave?
- PART 8: AFTERSHOW PARTY (or THOUGHTS OF A FORMER MATINEE IDOL)
- Screen/stage time
- Good vocal practice
- Top acting tips for camera
- Believe in the setting and what you are doing
- ‘Best Viewing Tips’
- This is practice for the future
- PART 9: THE AUTOGRAPHS
- Mr/Mrs Worldwide
- What equipment do I use?
- Useful Links