Routines for Rascals contains 5 dynamic professional routines from the MagicCoach himself, Timothy Hyde. These routines are no pipe dreams from an armchair theorist. They have all been performed in hundreds if not thousands of performances in his 30 years as a full time mystery performer.
These are all high impact, stage filling audience participation effects suitable for Children's and Family Shows. Most of the routines are also suitable for roving / walkabout engagements and can be performed surrounded at picnic, social days, fairs and other outside events.
Timothy began performing full time in 1977 and since then has performed in front of every audience type conceivable, from luxury cruise ships to high security prisons. He now specialises in corporate entertainment, primarily mentalism, but for many years he entertained primarily children's and family audiences.
In the 1980's, an endless stream of children's parties, festivals and company events made him one of the most in-demand children's entertainers in the Sydney region. He then became a near permanent feature at the newly opened Darling Harbour precinct.
He self produced two school holiday theatre show seasons at the Bondi Beach Pavilion Theatre and followed this with a shopping centre tour for Warner Brothers, two holiday seasons for Sega World and an 18 month residency at Australia's Wonderland, the largest theme park in the Southern Hemisphere, working closely with their Hanna Barbera licence. Timothy and his wife Lynda were the first magicians to get a permanent contract at the park.
If you have read any of Timothy's previous performance manuscripts, Hunter Knot Revisited or The Secret Notebooks of Mr Hyde Volumes 1 & 2, you know the sort of performance material that he likes. High participation, high involvement, lots of fun with dead simple methodology.
- The Magic Squirter A "zen" magic routine that the Sufi's would be proud of. A little Magic Squirter or Atomiser Sprayer has the power to make a person older, taller or wiser, and at the age of six, what more could you possibly wish for!
- Snake Can Monte A chaotic stage-filling high excitement, Bank Night type effect, where a large amount of money is hidden in one of 5 objects. 4 spectators are then invited to assist onstage. They each choose one of the objects, leaving one for you. On opening the objects, you are found to have the money, where as they get a big surprise!
- Houdini Jacket Another big stage filling routine as you attempt to set a world record, escaping in Houdini's Magic Jacket.
- Kids Cabaret Revisited A number of children are brought up on stage to perform in an impromptu "Talent Quest." After they have all performed, the winner by popular acclimation is always the smallest and youngest child, who did absolutely nothing.
- Funky Hip Hop A simple yet highly effective variation of the classic Hip Hop Rabbit effect. It effectively eliminates the possibility of someone spoiling the ending, softens the "sucker" aspect, yet retains all the entertaining "lead you down the garden path" yelling and screaming, that audiences, performers and bookers all love.
Plus our thoughts on applying the same principle to other store bought magic classics, to make your act unique and memorable.
1st edition 2009; 38 pages.
word count: 9068 which is equivalent to 36 standard pages of text