Easy packet tricks performed with regular cards and with virtually no sleight-of-hand.
- MERELY THOUGHT-OF CARD MIRACLE (Paul Gordon): A card is mixed in a packet of eight cards, yet you reveal it.
- BUBBLE SORT (Werner Miller): Three face cards capture two selected cards.
- WEDLUCK (Peter Duffie): Cupid (a Jack) couples the Queens and the Kings.
- CHANGE IN MIND (Howard Adams): A great routine using cards torn in half and three coins.
- CHILD’S PLAY (Karl Fulves): Two selected cards appear together while two packets are dealt at the same time.
- COURTING (Aldo Colombini): Two strong climaxes using the face cards.
- TRIPLE HUMDINGER (Peter Duffie): Three predictions, one stronger than the previous with just a packet of cards.
- MIND-TWO (Aldo Colombini): A five-card routine in which you reveal two free selections. You can do this with jumbo cards.
- SURPRISE SPELL (Ian Adair): A surprising spell with the revelation of the four Aces.
- SUIT YOURSELF (Nick Trost): The spectator mixes the cards, yet he matches them suit by suit.
Reviewed by Michel Wermelinger (confirmed purchase)
★★★★★ Date Added: Monday 31 January, 2011
I bought this video not because of the tricks, but to see how a professional magician would present them, what patter he would use to make such tricks -- which often are obviously self-working and not too exciting due to the counting, spelling, and back and forth dealing involved -- more entertaining and less obvious.
Unfortunately, Mr. Colombini just explains the tricks, he doesn't perform them. In some cases the trick is so simple and automatic that he basically just goes through it twice, saying in words what his hands are doing. A bit redundant. He says at the start that this DVD is a visual book. But given that self-working tricks are not hard to follow from the written page, there is not much added value in having them filmed. I was expecting to watch what is usually not written in self-working trick books: the script.
On hindsight, I should have bought instead Mr. Colombini's Simply Impromp2 book: not only does it contain 10 times (!) more tricks for the same price, it also includes 5 of the tricks shown in this video.