The record of a career famous for adventure and vicissitude, and in which the jester won more tricks than the gamester.
- Chapter I: Birth And Early Peregrinations
- Chapter II: Becoming A Patron Of The Pasteboards
- Chapter III: Early Times On The Mississippi
- Chapter IV: Getting A Sobriquet And Meeting Great Men
- Chapter V: The Turnpikes, The Packets And The Inns
- Chapter VI: Initiated In The Sons Of Malta
- Chapter VII: From The Green Mountains To Pike's Peak
- Chapter VIII: With The Bold Soldier Boys
- Chapter IX: The Fraternity Of Gamesters
- Chapter X: To Point A Moral And Adorn A Tale
1st edition 1885; PDF 74 pages.
word count: 25649 which is equivalent to 102 standard pages of text