#1 in Marketing hot-list
You could be the next big star in films, on the stage, or television. Veteran performers of stage and TV reveal all in this must-have guide ebook for anyone who wants to enter the exciting world of entertainment. Whether your goal is to appear on a televised talent contest, play theaters, Las Vegas, TV or appear in films, this ebook contains time-tested advice and vocal exercises to get you on your way, just as if you'd hired your own personal coach to prepare you for the "big time."
This informative ebook also reveals proper microphone technique, how to minimize stage fright and pre-show jitters, the art of bowing to control and graciously accept applause and much, much more.
- Your Opportunities in Show Business
- Who Should Attempt a Show Business Career?
- What Should I Do To Get Started?
- Show Techniques Explained
- Learning Through Listening
- Schedule Your Time for Success
- Licking the Problems of Stage Fright or Nervousness
- Your Philosophy Of Encouragement
- Showmanship for Performers
- Stage Technique
- Stagecraft and Voicecraft
- Exercise 1
- Exercise 2
- Exercise 3
- Exercise 4
- Exercise 5
- Exercise 6
- The Secret of Voice Volume And Carrying Power
- How Theatres Are Built
- Exercise 7
- Exercise 8
- Exercise 9
- Preventing Your Voice Volume from Fading
- Exercise 10
- A Problem of Many Beginners
- Exercise 11
- Exercise 12
- A Sure Cure for Stage Fright
- Posture for Stage Performers
- Arriving at Center of Stage
- Bowing on Entrance
- The Conclusion
- Standing Position
- The Secret of Voice Power
- Syllabic Pronunciation and Voice Pitch
- Pulling Applause
- Rapid Entrance
- Interrupting Applause
- Microphone Technique for Performers
- Pitching the Voice for Microphone Speech
- Eliminating Vocal "Drop-Outs"
- Reducing Annoying Feedback
- Testing the PA System
- TV Needs Your Talent! (B. W. McCarron)
- TV Talent Showcases and Competitions
- In Closing
No matter if you're an actor, comic, magician, public speaker, emcee or anyone who aspires to be in front of an audience, you're sure to find valuable advice and professional wisdom here.
"All material is sound in principle and of real worth to anyone interested in appearing in public, on TV or stage as an entertainer, actor, or public speaker." - John J. Crimmins, Jr.
Not one in a thousand will reach their potential - don't let it be you. Make that all-important first step by investing in yourself today ... and hitch your wagon to the stars tomorrow.
1st edition 1955, PDF 54 pages.
word count: 14802 which is equivalent to 59 standard pages of text