(1 review, 3 customer ratings) ★★★★★
Chan Canasta (1920 to 1999) was something of a TV sensation in the 1950s as one of Britain's leading mentalists. His blend of psychology and traditional conjuring which he called psychmagic, was a breath of fresh air. This beautifully ebook is a unique record of his mentalist effects and unique entertaining style.
"Martin has excelled himself with the production values. It looks beautiful; maybe it is the most attractive looking book I have ever seen. If you are interested in Canasta then you will have to buy the book." - Peter Zenner
"I'm not sure that there have been other books quite like this. You know those reviews you read which say of novels, 'I couldn't put it down 'til I'd read it through from cover to cover'? Well, I'll cheerfully admit to devouring this volume at one sitting until well into the early hours; it's a comparative rarity in contemporary magic publishing: a rattling good read." - Bob Gill
"It is superbly produced. The binding and cover are absolute dynamite. Thank you for such a good work. It is a delight to receive a product that lives up to its promise and delivers value!" - Sal Franchino
- Introduction: Introducing Chan Canasta
- A Remarkable Man: A brief account of Chan Canasta's magical career.
- The Amazing Mr. Canasta: A 1953 cinema short featuring Chan Canasta.
- Chan Canasta is a Remarkable Man: An episode from Canasta's 1960 television series
- The Parkinson Show: Canasta returns in 1971
- More Canasta Experiments: Tricks, routines, plots
- The Book of Oopses: The book that reads your mind
The second volume can be found here: Chan Canasta: A Remarkable Man Volume 2
1st edition 2000, 111 pages.
word count: 31257 which is equivalent to 125 standard pages of text
Reviewed by Gianluca Bertuzzi (confirmed purchase)
★★★★★ Date Added: Tuesday 08 March, 2022
Very nice work!