A finessed examination of a unique technique.
This manuscript is about a basic card technique that is sui generis, although it remains a limited application. Nevertheless, it is worth knowing because it's been cleverly used to perform one of the best short versions of
The basic move permits you to secretly reverse a card while the deck is tabled and simultaneously riffle shuffled. This manuscript also reveals the how, when and who worked on it. The first Tabled Reverse appeared in Marlo's Off the Top in 1945, credited to Russell Barnhart. Therein it was sparsely explained, accompanied by two illustrations. Marlo's only comment was equally brief: "It's a good move to use when seated." Because nothing else was suggested regarding purposes beyond the reverse itself, it's likely most readers glossed over it. Steranko, Vernon and Henry Christ made important contributions.
- SECRET REVERSE ON TABLE / Russell Barnhart
- REVERSAL OF BOTTOM CARDS / Dai Vernon
- THE ACTION CENTER REVERSE / James Steranko
- APPLIED TABLED REVERSE & EFFECT / Edward Marlo
- NO FRILLS TRIUMPH / Edward Marlo
- FINESSED TABLED REVERSE / Edward Marlo
- FOR THOSE IN THE KNOW / Edward Marlo
- GAMING TABLED TRICKERY / Edward Marlo
1st edition 2023, PDF 22 pages.
word count: 3341 which is equivalent to 13 standard pages of text