From the Introduction:
The purpose of this compilation is to incentivize and "tickle" students to reexamine the Mene-Tekel deck and reconsider its possibilities. This has been done before and as recently as 2003 when Chris Wardle (via Paul Hallas) published a 27 page booklet titled Investigating the Mene-Tekel Deck (Magic's Forgotten Trick Deck).
We begin with Ed Marlo's groundbreaking addition of what he called the Roughed Mene-Tekel. We end with ends with David Britland's clever routines. In between there the other contributions are meant to provide further context and stimulation - enough to tickle anyone's fancy. At least that's the presumptive impulse that led to its creation.
- Marlo on the Roughed Mene-Tekel Deck
- Macho Matcho
- Think Universal
- Background Notes
- Who Christened and Sold the Mene-Tekel Deck?
- What Exactly is a Mene-Tekel Deck?
- Displaying, Shuffling, and Cutting the Deck
- A Curious Coincidence
- Multi-Effect Cards
- Tele-A-Tric Deck (Joe Berg)
- A New Look at the Mene Tekel Deck (Eugene Gloye)
- A New Stage Version of the Mind Reading Stunt
- Sympathetic Cards to Pocket
- Reverse Mene Tekel Deck
1st edition 2020, PDF 62 pages.
word count: 12337 which is equivalent to 49 standard pages of text