Customer rank: +2 -1
Would you like a better edge in school or at work? A better memory can give you that edge! Imagine having facts, dates and details handy without notes, or worrying about double-checking your facts. This is very handy for tests, and can increase your value in the eyes of your boss.
Think you don't have time to learn the techniques? With the mobile version of Train Your Brain and Entertain, you practice anywhere you have your smartphone with you.
You'll learn these skills:
- Memorizing lists in order
- Memorizing difficult, abstract words
- Memorizing numbers of any length
- Memorizing lists out of order
Because Scott believes that using your memory should be fun as well as functional, he has also included some fun demonstrations you can perform with your improved memory:
- Blindfolded Knight's Tour
- Memorizing 400 Digits of Pi (see the 400-Digit Pi Challenge section)
- Calendar Memory - Being able to give the day of the week for any date (handy for meetings and appointments!)
- Memorizing playing cards, including an entire stack.
Preferences and a manual are included, and you can get help for the techniques and the interface in every section.
Also included are some special bonuses to help you take your memory farther:
Train Your Brain and Entertain
- Verbatim, an additional app that helps you learn poems, speeches, lyrics, and more, word-for-word - also while on the go.
- A printable 400-digit "Pi Chart"
- A detailed 70-page list of resources where you can find out more about memory feats, tricks, and tips
is a self-contained app, and will run on any browser supporting HTML5 and CSS3. Besides most modern desktop and laptop browsers, it is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Apple iOS 3.2-5.0 beta
- Android 2.1-2.3
- Android Honeycomb
- Windows Phone 7
- Blackberry 6.0
- Blackberry 7
- Blackberry Playbook
- Palm WebOS (1.4-2.0)
- Palm WebOS 3.0
- Firebox Mobile (Beta)
- Opera Mobile 11.0
- Kindle 3
- Opera Desktop 10-11