Customer rank: +1 -3
A reading system with playing cards
This effect is entitled Anti Tarot for two reasons. Firstly, it dispenses with tarot cards, using playing cards instead; secondly, the most important card in the reading is never seen by the reader. Instead of reading the cards and telling the spectator what should happen to them, the reader hears what has happened to the spectator and tells them what their chosen card should be.
- Easy to learn and perform
- No sleight of hand or forces used
- Can be performed with a borrowed deck
- All traditional meanings for the cards explained
- Scripted reading taken step-by-step and explained
- Methods for long and short readings have been included
- Traditional meanings write scripts so you're never lost for words!
If you've ever been put off reading-style effects because you've been worried that you won't know what to say - this is the ideal effect to get you started.
Remember, in regular tarot readings you see all the cards and say what the client's personality and future will be. In Anti Tarot you hear about the client's personality and circumstances and tell them what their cards will be. What regular tarot reader can top that?
1st edition 2009; 10 pages.
word count: 3933 which is equivalent to 15 standard pages of text