(2 customer ratings) ★★★★★
The final volume of weird and wonderful magic!
A lucky coin that becomes as scarred as its owner, a murdered woman kept alive in a photograph, dice that tell the future just for starters, a Chinese magician who gets his revenge in the most horrible of ways, an obscene thing which hides beauty and reveals hypocrisy -- and that's just the beginning of what you'll find in Five, the last volume of the strange magic series!
13 routines of bizarre, touching, weird, scary, and entertaining magic!
- Demonstrate the transparency of the human personality with the most horrid of tests!
- Show just how quickly prison walls can be an inbreachable fortress in the darkest of circumstances!
- Explain that Satan just ain't all that bad; it's just his marketing that's evil!
- Show that the last will of a murdered woman lies in a photo as a testament to her death!
- Demonstrate the inevitable conclusion of the meeting of a big mouth and a compulsive gambler!
- Prove how obscenity is just the beginning of something more insidious!
- Demonstrate there's a very good -- and frightening -- reason why they're called "the Devil's pasteboards"!
- Teach audiences that magicians are a superstitious lot about even the most mundane of things... just to keep their heads on their shoulders!
- Show that a lucky coin is just as beaten and scarred as its owner!
And that's just the beginning of the things you'll discover in -- and enjoy performing -- Five
- The Rule of Five
- The Lucky Coin That Wasn't and Is
- The Devil's Pasteboards
- Murder Will Out
- Love in Hell
- The Strange Revenge of the Celestial Wu
- A Little Piece of Histrionics
- Love of Money at the Root
- Always More Mystery
- Bones, Modern and Cold
- When The Eye of the Beholder Doesn't
- Liberated by the Ties That Bind
- The Unkindest Cut of All
- A Final Word
1st edition 2005; 105 pages.
word count: 44416 which is equivalent to 177 standard pages of text