(1 customer rating) ★★★★★
More weird and wonderful magic to amaze and entertain!
A woman who suffers from growing agoraphobia and finds more to fear inside than out, a miser who knows the true value of things, a poor woman brutally murdered in reality and imagination, gods tired of the fickleness of man, science and magic meeting and melding -- all of these and more await you in "Four", the latest volume of strange magic!
13 routines of frightening, weird, and plain enjoyable magic!
- Consider the separation between genius and insanity as the spectator visibly makes the trip from one to the other!
- Explain that what Native Americans call "dreamcatchers" may not have been a gift from the gods but a cruel trick!
- Display the wonderful things listening to those little voices can lead you and a spectator to do, but watch out for what they say next!
- Show why one man's treasure is another man's measure, and why the value of some things is merely a lost dream!
- Examine physics and the power of real magicians to conquer known science not by beating them, but being them!
- Demonstrate one man's revenge through a simple game of dominos!
- Prove how, sometimes, the one means of escape sometimes isn't and the egress comes to us at too high a price!
- Illustrate magically why being selfish and greedy is one of the most kind and generous things you can do!
- Travel down memory lane to the days of a twisted family and one very, very bizarre family member!
- Take a trip inside the mind of Aleister Crowley and discover once and for all what he was really seeking all his life!
- Discover why, sometimes, losing is more important than winning, or even playing the game!
- Demonstrate the good, the bad, and the complete evil found not in a deck of cards but in the human imagination and human desires!>Show why religious belief shouldn't be taken lightly, nor should the impatience of deities!
And that's just the beginning of the things you'll discover in -- and present from -- Four
1st edition 2005; 103 pages.
word count: 42402 which is equivalent to 169 standard pages of text
- Four Words
- The God-Of-The-Month Club
- Imagining Things
- The Child's Game With Secret Rules
- Picking the Pocket of Aleister Crowley
- Slick Black Cadillac
- A Line Much Too Thin
- Greedy Little Bastards
- Bad Dreams
- And the Little Voices Say
- The Miser's Nightmare
- Newton Versus Einstein Versus Quantum Magics
- Walking Through the Boneyard
- The Only Way Out
- A Final Word