This book teaches exercises with dumb-bells, pulley-weights and elastic strings. You also get a good introduction into the theory of exercising, the body and its muscles. And it also has a chapter on obesity, which couldn't be more timely.
Published 1899 by George Routledge and Sons; 63 illustrations; 199 pages.
Table of Contents
- Chapter I: Introduction
- Chapter II: The Physiology of Exercise
- Chapter III: The Various Forms of Exercise
- Chapter IV: How and When to Exercise
- Chapter V: The Muscles of the Body
- Chapter VI: The Dumb-Bells and Exercises Therewith
- Chapter VII: The Pulley-Weight Apparatus
- Chapter VIII: Exercises with the Pulley-Weight Apparatus
- Chapter IX: India-Rubber Exercisers
- Chapter X: Exercises without Apparatus
- Chapter XI: Home Gymnastics for Women and Children
- Chapter XII: Exercise in Relation to Obesity
word count: 41913 which is equivalent to 167 standard pages of text