In this very comprehensive ebook by a master Punch performer, you get an education in an art that will pay you well, if you want to use it to make money. Too few magicians have anything to offer but magic, and in some cities, too many are trying for the same jobs. "Punch" is a great addition to any magician's repertoire. Added to his magic show, it is a riotous finale. Sold separately, it is a show in itself.
"Punch" is based on dialogue between Punch himself and the various characters. It is absolutely flexible, and can be made to suit your own taste, working area and time. It can be as traditional or as up to date as you wish.
- Reminiscences of a Punch Man - Delightful reading and great background for this new art you are studying.
- The Complete Punch & Judy Play
Illustrated details are given for making:
The wildest, most dynamic show one man can present. There is no entertainment, for its size, that is as fun and excitement packed as Punch.
- Punch and Judy figures
- A portable Punch frame
- The Proscenium on which the play takes place
- The stage properties
- The Punch "whistle" (as it is called in America) or "swazzle" (British).
- Further illustrated details show you how to work or manipulate the figures. A section on Novelty Scenes gives you many more ideas. Also included -- a short history of Punch and Judy.
- Funny, comedy lines, insults, braggadocio, fights! Wonderful chases! Exciting action! Punch, the "bad guy" seems to win every time! But in the end he gets his just reward.
1st edition 1977, 106 pages; 1st digital edition 2018, 64 pages.
word count: 15717 which is equivalent to 62 standard pages of text
|Publisher: ||Magic Inc.|