#1 in Biographies & History hot-list
#1 in [Audio] hot-list
Ken Brooke was known throughout the world of magic. He was a magic dealer who achieved such a reputation for reliability and quality that there are thousands of magicians throughout the world, amateur, and professional who bought almost every trick he produced. Visitors from every country in the world made a beeline for his studio within minutes of arriving in London because just to visit Ken Brooke was an experience not to be missed. In partnership with Frank Farrow, he built the Ken Brooke Magic Place into a magical institution second to none.
Considered by many to be the greatest magical salesman and demonstrator of all time, Ken claimed that there is no such thing as a bad magic trick, only bad magicians. On one of these cassettes, he gave some advice on how to cure this ailment.
From the Preface by Martin Breese:
Let us hope for those of you who never had the experience of meeting Ken that the spoken and written word preserved here will perhaps convey some of the excitement and true magic of a visit with Ken Brooke.
Pat Page interviews Ken Brooke for almost an hour. Additionally to the MP3 audio files, you will get a PDF with the transcript of the interview plus a couple of bonus Ken Brooke items.
1st edition 1987; PDF 34 pages, MP3 audio 57 min
- It's Better Than Digging Roads
- KEN BROOKE IN THE RAG TRADE
- KEN BROOKE IN THE MARKET PLACE
- KEN'S FIRST PROFESSIONAL BOOKING
- KEN REMEMBERS THE LOCAL MUSIC HALL AND VARIETY THEATRE
- KEN BROOKE AND AL KORAN
- KEN BROOKE - MAGIC DEALER
- THE KEN BROOKE MAGIC PLACE
- KEN BROOKE AND AMERICA
- KEN BROOKE ON CARDS
- KEN BROOKE ON MAGIC ENTERTAINMENT
- KEN BROOKE AND MAGIC SOCIETIES
- KEN BROOKE ON FRED KAPS
- KEN BROOKE ON BLUE MATERIAL
- KEN BROOKE AND WORLD WAR TWO
- KEN BROOKE SIGNING OFF
- Bonus Section
- EGG BAG ROUTINE
- KEN BROOKE COIN TRICK REPRODUCED FROM ORIGINAL INSTRUCTIONS
- KEN BROOKE ON THE HIMBER WALLET
- INDEX TO AUDIO CASSETTES WHICH ACCOMPANY THIS BOOK