This is a collection of money saving tips and tricks for the magician. I have been raised with a DIY attitude. Over the decades I have collected tips and tricks to make an expensive dealer item for a few dollars, or to replace something with a cheap item from the hardware store. If you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, then you will find a lot of useful tips in this ebook.
With contributions by Jack Poulter, Wilhelm Eberhard, Chuck Smith, Bruce Kalver, Jeff Stone, Robert Kaldy-Karo and Scott Xavier. This PDF will be updated periodically as I discover new tips and tricks. Every customer will get access to all future updated editions.
Among other things the following questions will be answered:
- What is the best over the counter replacement for roughing fluid?
- What is a cheap source for magician’s wax?
- What is Science Friction really?
- What is a cheap source for fanning powder?
- How do I remove partially or fully the coating of playing cards?
- How to glue playing cards together?
- How do I split cards?
- How do I glue split cards together?
- How do I mark cards?
- How do I check if a deck of cards is marked?
- How do I make my own belly strippers?
- What is a good daub?
- How do I turn a cardbox into a switching and ditching device?
- How do I make my own gaffed cards?
- Where to get cheap slush powder?
- How can I quickly make a flash paper substitute?
- How to create a burning paste?
- How to create a fire flash?
- What is the cheapest appearing rod?
- How can I make my own sponge balls?
- How do I keep my cardboard props better looking and longer lasting?
- How can I make loaded dice?
- What is a good and simple soap bubble formula?
- How do I best clean my Aluminum apparatus?
- How do I best clean my Copper and Brass apparatus?
- How do I wipe marker stains from my hands?
- How do I remove a drawing from a balloon?
- How can I build illusions and other stage props on the cheap?
- What is a cheap reel replacement?
- How can I make my own pull?
- How can I prevent my rope ends from fraying?
- How to attach magnets to rope ends?
- Where can I buy these stretchy rubber or silicon sheets?
- Where can I get newspaper that tears easily?
- How to store and transport silks without having them all wrinkly?
- How to make a sponge ball holder?
- How to make your gimmicks flesh color?
- How can I make paper money flat and crisp?
- Where can I find a fine invisible wire?
- How to make a Nylon thread less visible on stage?
- How can I avoid dropping my manipulation balls?
- What is the best DIY thumb writer?
- How can I build a self igniting something?
(For a similar publication, only 60 years older, check out George Armstrong's Tricks of the Trade
1st edition 2012, 23 pages.
word count: 7395 which is equivalent to 29 standard pages of text