Peter Warlock's legendary monthly magazine New Pentagram ran for 20 years. During those two decades some of the finest close-up and stage magic of the period was explained in its pages. Aldo has selected ten routines from each volume (in chronological order), so you should expect 20 download DVDs dedicated to this great magazine.
You will have: Card tricks, mental effects, coin routines, tricks with rings, etc, from magicians like Alex Elmsley, Peter Warlock, Max Maven, Francis Haxton, Ian Adair, Al Koran, Eddie Joseph, Ali Bongo, Milton Kort, Arthur Carter, Robert Neale, Peter Kane, Jack Avis and many more!
- STRANGERS TILL WE MEET (Francis Haxton): Two cards appear at the same time, after a packet of cards has been shuffled and separated into two piles.
- QUEENIE (Piet Forton): One after the other four cards turn face up and then a 'lovely' assistant appears.
- PICK A PAPER (Ali Bongo): Four colored pieces of paper are shown. At the bottom of the stack you show a safety pin. Three spectators pick a piece of paper (free choice) and they are seen to be free. The remaining piece is the only one attached to the pin.
- FOR RICHER, FOR POORER (Robert Neale): A beautiful piece of magic with just a piece of paper and a pen. You can perform it at any moment, anywhere. A selected word is revealed with the apparatus in the hands of the spectator.
- ONE MORE RIVER (Jack Avis-Robert Neale-Peter Warlock): Some cards are dealt and two chosen, one indicates the suit the other the value, making one card (say the 10S). Two cards are added together and they find the selection in the deck.
- DOUBLE-CROSS PURPOSES (Francis Haxton): A double transposition of two selected cards using two decks of cards, one red and one blue.
- HANDLING (Jack Avis-Robert Neale): A different handling for the Harbin effect, using a ring and piece of rope.
- THOUGHTS IN TECHNICOLOR (Arthur Carter): Three cards with big colored question marks on them. Two spectators FREELY select two colors and you prove that you predicted them.
- ALL FAIR PREDICTO-MATIC (Jack Avis): You write a prediction on a piece of paper and a spectator, with a deck in his hand, reverses a card. It is the same card you predicted.
- CLOUD EIGHT (Arthur Carter): An incredible prediction effect; Eight colors, one is FREELY selected by a spectator and you show that you have predicted it. No duplicates, no fancy moves, easy to do.