(1 customer rating) ★★★★★
"One of my signature routines uses a length of ungimmicked rope that is neither cut nor restored ... I created it 40 years ago and have performed it probably 10000 times. So I am pretty qualified to judge Daniel Rowan's new book on rope magic. And I like it." - Jim Kleefeld (MUM December 2020)
Pure Magic with Rope is Daniel Rowan's fourth collection of new ready-to-work rope and string tricks. Most of the effects do not require an on-stage assistant. All of the tricks are impromptu, play big, but can be done close-up and surrounded. The ebook is a collection of tricks with a 5/8 inch piece of rope and/or a five inch ring. Add some new effects to spice up your rope routine.
- Two new quick knots both of which can be done one-handed.
- How to make your instantaneous or lightning knot twice as fast.
- An easy version of Karl Norman's "Sky Hook" rope effect.
- How to make knots, vanish, slide, and jump.
- A new ending for the Miller Move - airborne!
- How to create a demon knot from Hades then curse its fiery return to hell.
- Pull a rope free from a ring tied with a tested knot while in the spectator's hands.
- Learn how to make continuous overhand knots in a length of rope
- Master three ways to make a rope penetrate your hand again and again
The magic is taught with words and photographs.
1st edition 2022, PDF 58 pages, 203 photographs.
word count: 12842 which is equivalent to 51 standard pages of text