(1 review, 4 customer ratings) ★★★★★
Welcome to issue 3 of Card Shark, the highly anticipated monthly card magazine that contains awesome tricks from magicians around the world. Issue 1 (which is currently on top of the 'Hot list', meaning it is the bestseller in the last three months!) contained 5 tricks, Issue 2 (also in the Hotlist) contained 5 tricks, but this Christmas special contain 8 great tricks from well - known young magicians.
- Edgy by Kevin Schaller - This could have easily been marketed as a single trick download, it is a very clever and visual prediction effect, where the card visually changes colour, and so does the face. (This first appeared in Kevin Schaller's Ebook and DVD Void).
- Jazz Club by John Gelasi - A version of Jazz Aces with a very nice twist. Filled with magic and it has a great ending. (This first appeared in John's Ebook: Fit for Kings).
- Quadratic 3.0 by John Gelasi - A very clever Fulves - Esque routine, where a largely hands off trick leads to a fantastic surprise ending. A maths trick on steroids. (This first appeared in me and John's Ebook: 2 Can play at that Game).
- Elm - Zinser by John Gelasi - Loads of magic with four Kings and a selection, concluding with the classic Hofzinser Ace trick. Clever stuff as always. (This first appeared in me and John's Ebook: 2 Can play at that Game).
- Fine Feathered Finks by John Gelasi - I like this one a lot! It is from his new upcoming Ebook Just Cards Vol.1 and it is a fantastic version of John Guasteferro's Homage to Homing. A card flies from packet to pocket with no palming. (This will appear in his upcoming Ebook: Just Cards Vol.1).
- A Christmas Carol by John Gelasi - A brilliant Christmas themed trick with a kicker ending. This concludes John's awesome submissions to this issue. (This is new).
- Return of the 'Cycloptic Jacks' by Kyle MacNeill - A version of Harry Lorayne's One Eyed Jack Sandwich, that is a real fooler - even to magicians. (This is new).
- Barrel Change by Lloyd Barnes - To wrap up this Christmas bananza, we include the complete PDF of Lloyd's beautiful gimmickless change - The Barrel Change. (This appeared in Lloyd Barnes' Ebook: Rebel).
1st edition 2011; 18 pages.
word count: 5148 which is equivalent to 20 standard pages of text
Reviewed by Skott Hughes (confirmed purchase)
★★★★★ Date Added: Wednesday 11 January, 2012
After getting this yesterday and performing EDGY last night all I can say is :
Kevin Schallers Edgy is my new favorite worker.
This 1 effect killed my supporters last night at my show. At this price how could you not "give it a try".
I did, and will now be buying all of these pdf gems.
All of the effects are well thought out. Mike Gelasi has several w/ video links to YouTube for the actual performance.