This e-book is the very first of a series of e-books to come, presenting my own versions of the classics of card magic. These simple, straight-forward plots will cover the gamut of card magic in this series of upcoming Classic Card Magic
Please keep up with this Classic Card Magic series and you will have a very strong base for your card magic performances, and a very nice array of magic effects...not just a "pick-a-card-find-a-card" type of theme.
I have brought some of the plots and patter, up to date...but in no way have I changed the bare essence of the effects or plots. Every magician who wishes to perform and entertain with a deck of cards must know the classics of card magic. It is that simple. If you don't know the classics...you will be floundering like a fish out of water - and the spectators will know it.
There are some who will say, "Oh, I don't use cards in my magic!" and that is a sad thing. There are many easy-to-do cards tricks that will make you look great! Cards provide an almost infinite number of ideas for relatable magic, provide new patter ideas that will thrill spectators, and provide an "alternate universe" of scenarios and situations that will captivate your audience. I, myself, can rarely go to any gathering, party, bar, family function, etc. where someone will say "Hey, Paul, do a trick!" and will then hand me a deck of cards...because when you do magic with THEIR cards, the outcomes are even more amazing. That's the way people think - and prepare in advance for.
Please continue following this series of Classic Card Magic e-books and I am sure you'll find a wonderful array of very doable card effects, with excellent patter, that will thrill your audience...and have them "look" at you in a brand new way...it WILL happen!
1) RED HOT TARPON OPENER - Paul's "take" on a timeless classic plot that will put you even farther ahead of the spectators.
2) ACAAN the Warrior - The "any card at any number" effect is a truly mind-boggling effect. Put this beautiful plot into your repertoire and make your spectator the hero.
3) 6 CARD REPEAT - This trick is not only excellent for close-up, but for cabaret or even stage. This trick has hilarious patter and will endear everyone. The magician is as "amazed" at the outcome as the spectators.
4) THE HOMING CARD - Another wonderful classic of magic that has been brought up to date by the late, great Fred Kaps. My version is not only easy to do, but is filled with comedy as the performer and the audience are completely bewildered by the impossible outcome. Perform this from close-up to stage. Do not pass this one up!
5) ANY EVEN BLACK SPADE - This ingenious ESP routine by Harry Lorayne, will have your spectators look at you as if you are possessed. Your spectators will have absolutely no idea how this effect is possible. And...it is easy to do. The best part is...it is performed in the spectator's hands.
1st edition 2016, 16 pages.
word count: 7021 which is equivalent to 28 standard pages of text
Reviewed by Enrico Varella
★★★★★ Date Added: Thursday 17 March, 2016
Finally, a book that addresses a strong appreciation of the classics! The Classics are known as that because they are timeless, distinct plots, and your audience reactions will be buoyant and boisterous. Five effects that you can review or learn immediately, with updated patter to meet the contemporary need of today's sophisticated audiences. This is the first of a series of such much-needed books.
I am a fan of Paul Lelekis (reviewer for The Linking Ring) and his 27th book followings his inimitable style of Wow! As a regular worker, his approach is practical, pragmatic, direct, well thought through, and impactful. I believe that you will use at least one of his effects immediately upon your practice. His approach to exciting the Inner Universe of magical entertainment is his trademark, as his clear writing style.
Three effects went straight to my repertoire: Red Hot Tarpon Opener, Homing Card, and the bonus - Any Even Black Spade. And there is even an ACAAN effect, plus his 6-Card Repeat. Everything in it, is a winner. I give 'Classic Card Magic 1' my highest recommendation. I await the remainder of his series. Enjoy!