Included is a video of a cool switch.
Keep up with this series of Classic Card Magic e-books so that you will have a solid base for card magic entertainment. There are thousands of card tricks out there...but there are only a handful classics of card magic. The classics are classics because they represent a solid foundation of entertainment and are timeless. Only the patter and modus operandi will change...but the premise is solid and will endure the ravages of time and technology.
These effects use only a regular deck of cards.
In this e-book you will find:
1) OPEN TRAVELERS - This Larry Jennings classic has been called "The closest you can get to real magic!" by top pros. Paul's easy to do rendition will put you far ahead of the spectators.
2) ULTIMATE OIL & WATER - This multi stage routine by Ed Marlo is not only very easy to do...but it will even fool the one performing it! The patter is hilarious and the magician doesn't seem to know what's happening. This one will go straight into your repertoire.
3) COLLINS' POKER ACES - Paul has revamped this effect, bringing it up to date with some new revelations. This is a beautiful routine and ends with a 5-card Poker hand being dealt and your shill gets the winning hand. Great fun and interaction with this easy routine.
4) JAZZ JACKS - Peter Kane rocked the magic world with this timeless classic. It is very easy to do (with some added finesses) and I guarantee your spectators will be stunned.
5) SPECTATOR CUTS THE ACES - Marlo's easy to do effect is a classic that makes the spectator the hero. Paul has even worked out an alternative method...so you now have TWO amazing tricks!
6) FAIR PLAY - Paul's self-working rendition of a Frank Garcia effect.
1st edition 2016, 27 pages.
Reviewed by Enrico Varella
★★★★★ Date Added: Tuesday 29 March, 2016
I love the Classics in card magic! And, Paul does justice to them again in his second book dedicated to the creators of these timeless masterpieces. It is not easy to simplify these original creations, yet he has made them streamlined and efficient for the working performer. Each of the six pieces has the potential to be your masterpiece. I learnt the Oil & water routine immediately, and it will now be my default version. Open Travelers and Jazz Aces are my current interests, and Paul has encouraged me to give these another shot - complete with fun working patter and strong built-in misdirections within each routine. Learning about the Classics is a must for the serious Student of Magic, and this second book will provide you a strong reason and motivation to do so. And, you get to engage and utilise useful sleights you may have overlooked.
Reviewed by Christopher Weber
★★★★★ Date Added: Sunday 27 March, 2016
Paul's new book "Classic Card Magic II" is an excellent source of inspiration for magicians. All of the effects in this book are gems that card magicians are sure to enjoy and perform! Paul has a unique way of making difficult moves much simpler and never sacrificing anything from the effect. In most cases he makes the effect even better! For example, I remember struggling with the original "Jazz Jacks" (since I love jazz I really wanted to learn it) and never really felt comfortable enough to perform it. Paul utilizes moves that for me are far more comfortable so I can now feel the flow of the effect and relax with it. This has been the case with all of Paul's effects. Well worked out and designed to keep the focus on the presentation not on difficult moves. Try all these classics. If you haven't performed them before, here is your chance to learn and enjoy some great card magic. Thanks Paul, you did it again!!