This is a thoughtful introduction to magic with everything you need to get started with this great hobby or even profession if you want to take it that far.
- Overture And Beginners, Please!
- Chapter One: And It Wasn’t Up His Sleeve At All!
- Chapter Two: This Is An Amateur’s World!
- Chapter Three: So You Want To Be A Magician?
- Chapter Four: A Mindreader, Eh?
- Chapter Five: A Full Hand Of Clubs
- Chapter Six: Meet The Magic Circle
- Chapter Seven: The International Brotherhood Of Magicians
- Chapter Eight: These Are Names To Conjure With
- Chapter Nine: Top Of The Bill
- Chapter Ten: They Make The Magic
- Chapter Eleven: The Books Of Magic
- Chapter Twelve: The Ephemera Of Mystery
- Appendix I: Glossary Of Conjuring Terms
- Appendix II: Classified List Of Magical Societies
- Appendix III: Manufacturers And Suppliers Of Magical Apparatus
- Appendix IV: List Of Magical Periodicals
1st edition 1955, 141 pages; PDF 138 pages.
word count: 58209 which is equivalent to 232 standard pages of text