Customer rank: -1
This is the best vanishing deck gimmick created to this date.
A spectator picks a card, remembers it, and even signs it. The magician cleanly inserts the card into the front of the pack. He then spreads the deck showing that the card is lost somewhere in the pack. With no funny moves he squeezes the deck and it literally "melts" in his hand, leaving only one card, the spectator's signed selection!
The meLt ebook not only teaches you how to make the gimmick.......it is a full 110 page book that includes two routines, instructions on how to make three different versions of the gimmick, and bonus effects and presentations.
What you will learn:
- How to make three versions of the gimmick.
- The basic Routine (described above).
- Lornie's Game - A routine that begins with a vanishing deck, then builds as several different cards are produced from thin air, and finally a card changes into a pool ball that the spectator had thought of only moments before!
- "meLt" Sandwich - A joker is placed on the top and bottom of the deck face up. Then the card is inserted in the deck. The deck melts in between the Jokers, leaving only the spectators card in between the Jokers.
- Omni-"meLt" - Using a version of the "meLt" gimmick to make your Omni Deck routine look even more baffling!
- Thoughts on equivoque, pool ball productions, pool ball holdouts, using extra subtleties such as fanning the deck and shuffling the deck to help "sell" your performance, and thoughts on performance and character.
isn't just another vanishing deck idea......it is the ultimate "utility" deck vanishing gimmick. You are not constrained to using it in one particular way that can be applied to only a single effect. Almost any effect you would like to do that includes a vanishing deck can be done with the "meLt" gimmick.
"Erik's thinking on this is exceptional; its original, the instructions are understandable, and, most importantly, the routines and principles are practical. If you are looking for an amazing piece of card chicanery to add to your repertoire look no further." - Peter Turner, England
"Melt is the type of gimmick that is so versatile and powerful that that once you start using it you won't go back.The book was filled, from start to finish, with fresh innotive ideas and good detailed instructions. This simple to construct, jaw dropping deck vanish is a must have for any card magician's arsenal." - David Sena, Portugal
[Please note that the gimmick takes a bit of patience and time to make yourself. You will also need to gather a few things you will most likely not have lying around.]
1st edition 2012, 112 pages.
"meLt" : The Evolution of the Vanishing Deck! from Erik Ostresh on Vimeo.word count: 21673 which is equivalent to 86 standard pages of text