ebooks and download videos
Home / Magic & Conjuring / Cards / ACAAN

Simple Sleightless ACAAN 2.0
by Abhinav Bothra

PDF & MP4 | by download [76 MByte]  
Simple Sleightless ACAAN 2.0 by Abhinav Bothra

One of the simplest methods to perform the holy grail of card magic - Any Card At Any Number (ACAAN) with a regular pack of playing cards without any sleights.

This is what happens: You introduce 3 cards with 3 simple questions:

  • Q1. Name a number
  • Q2. Name a suit
  • Q3. Name a value
That get answered alternatively by the participant and the performer. You unbox the deck of cards and demonstrate to the participant to deal down the cards to their number, the participant does the same and it is his/her named card at the named number.


  • no forces
  • no pre-show
  • no dual reality
  • no duplicate cards / multiple decks
  • no sleight of hand (can also be done with jumbo cards)
  • the 3 cards can be your business cards
  • deck can be given out as souvenir
  • easy to learn (you can perform this within 15 minutes)
The download comes with a video file for better explanation of certain elements.

Note: The questions are a little different than what is written above (for protecting the secret), but during performance if you recap the situation after the 3 questions get answered and refer to the questions as written above - it'll fly by.

Although there is no sleight here, you'll have to do 'something' that gets covered by your presentation. 10% of the times you'll have a truly hands-off ACAAN. For the other 90% that 'something' (which is perfectly logical) has to be done.

UPDATE (YEAR 2018): Some new significant additions have been done to this eBook (thus calling it 2.0) raising the possibility of having a clean / hands off ACAAN to 35%.

1st edition 2017, 2nd edition 2018, 10 pages + 13 min video
word count: 3406 which is equivalent to 13 standard pages of text