The Hermit Magazine is a new, independent magic magazine that focuses on creativity, engagement, and inspiration. Edited, compiled, and illustrated by Canadian magician Scott Baird, The Hermit pays homage to the magazines of the past while taking advantage of modern technology to provide a clear, readable experience. Featuring contributions from the likes of Chris Mayhew, Harapan Ong, Michal Kociolek, Curtis Kam, Michael Rubinstein, Bill Citino, Rick Holcombe, John Carey, Caroline Ravn (and many more!), the digital pages of The Hermit are packed with articles, effects, sleights and ideas for magicians of any skill level.
Volume 1, No. 1: January 2022, 51 pgs.
The first issue of The Hermit Magazine features:
word count: 18680 which is equivalent to 74 standard pages of text
- Swatch / Chris Mayhew
- Rubik's Nap / Scott Baird
- Fly Fly Again / Scott Baird
- FUJ Shuffle / Scott Baird
- Army Reenlisted / Scott Baird
- IBM Logo Redesign / Scott Baird
- Social Media Strategies / Gwyn Auger
- Sankey Says - Persistence / Jay Sankey
- I Do Whatever You Do / Scott Baird