Peter Duffie is one of the world's most creative cardmen and Subtle Miracles
gathers together some of his most inventive work. Many of these effects were marketed as exclusive manuscripts (Solo
, Double Indemnity
) and are now brought together for the first time, together with a selection of brand new routines using equally clever methods. David Britland
contributed a routine called 'Red Alert' as well as added notes commenting on Peter's routines. An appendix teaches a couple of important sleights.
1st edition 2004, 158 pages.word count: 29127 which is equivalent to 116 standard pages of text
- Hamman Count Variation
- Point Blank Assembly
- Impulse: Two cards transpose under impossible conditions. The finish in which one card has a hole cut through the centre and yet still changes places with the second card has been described as, "Not Possible!"
- Clear Thought
- Polythene Pam
- Tarradiddle: A completely self-working Lie Detector trick. The spectator can tell the truth or lies but the deck will always find him out. What's more, you don't even know the identity of the selected card yourself until the pack reveals it!
- Double Indemnity
- Flashpoint: The ultimate Holey Point of Departure. A chosen card disappears from between two blank cards. The card is visible right up until the last moment through holes cut in the middle of the blanks. Yet it disappears without a trace and the blanks are handed out for examination.
- Choc-A-Block: A completely hands-off cards across with an extremely clever method. Two selected cards disappear from a box on the table and reappear in a packet of cards held by the spectator. At no time does the performer touch anything! And it's completely self-working too.
- All Clear: You Do As I Do with a twist. Under the fairest of conditions the magician and spectator chose identical cards, twice! But the kicker comes when the rest of the deck is shown to be completely blank. No gimmicks. No switches. Everything examined. Easy to do.
- Red Alert (David Britland)
- The Bible Code
- Pure Devilry: in which a diary predicts two selected cards; Clear Thought, a no questions asked revelation of a though-of card; Polythene Pam, a monte routine the spectator cannot lose and Dichotomy, a prediction effect with a finish that is simply beyond belief.
- Fusion Assembly
- Appendix Essential Moves
- Elmsley Count
- Hamman Flushtration Count
- Ascanio Spread
- Mexican Turnover
- Through The Fist Flourish
- Buckle Spread And Count