Book tests comprise some of the most stunning effects in the mentalist's arsenal. Here, completely explained, are many of the cleverest, most transparent mental demonstrations ever assembled.
Selling for the equivalent of over $50 in today's buying power when it was first released, this manuscript contains some of the most jealously guarded secrets ever developed for apparently reading the minds of your spectators in a clear, convincing manner.
Not just bare bones descriptions, Hull provides complete patter and the thought behind the workings for several outstanding tests using books that you may find anywhere: works of fiction, a pocket horoscope, poetry, telephone directories, or even a Bible.
- Introduction (B. W. McCarron)
- Volta's All-Fair Dictionary Feat
- The "Volta" Pad Idea for Mentalists
- Points of Showmanship for the Presentation of Book Test Mysteries (Methods for the dramatic execution of psychic effects, patter and presentation by VOLTA)
- Alternative Method for All-Fair Dictionary Test
- Volta's Rajah Telephone Book Test
- The Hull Mentalist's Pencil
- Grant's Horoscope Book Test Mystery
- Predicto Book and Card Test
- Volta's Master Book Test Mystery
- Premier Magazine Book Test
- Standard Book Tests
- Standard Book Test Number 1
- Standard Book Test Number 2
- Standard Book Test Number 3
- Standard Book Test Number 4
- About the Author
From the Introduction by B. W. McCarron:
Standalone book tests for the professional mentalist can sell for hundreds of dollars apiece. With the release of this 'lost classic' manuscript, there is no need to empty your wallet or bank account to find the ideal effect. Now you can choose from among the several described herein and add the most convincing demonstration that best fits your unique style of presentation.
1st edition 1931, PDF 51 pages.
word count: 15849 which is equivalent to 63 standard pages of text
Reviewed by Sean Hoade (confirmed purchase)
★★★★★ Date Added: Sunday 24 July, 2022
All sorts of interesting and useful stuff here, but also items of mainly historical interest. Recommended, although the price is a bit steep for this.
Reviewed by Christian Fisanick (confirmed purchase)
★★★★★ Date Added: Tuesday 04 June, 2019
Excellent. Although this is an old book, the methods are superb and timeless. I especially like the ones that combine another classic concept of mentalism to force a page. You will definitely find a test--or two or three--that you will love and use. Who says that you need to spend big $$$ on gaffed books? I having been collecting book tests for a while now and consider myself somewhat of an expert. This is well worth the money. For a pittance, you will like this.