(4 customer ratings) ★★★★★
Although this booklet was written in the 40s, paper cups are still ubiquituous objects. Go to any fast food restaurant and you will find them, or at parties, at the company water cooler, picknicks, fairs a.s.o. This makes paper cups an ideal item for us magicians - great for an impromptu miracle. Sam Berland teaches 25 amazing tricks, from vanishing liquids to appearing silks in cups. Almost any magical effect can be achieved.
You too should know at least one trick with a paper cup for the next discussion at the water cooler.
1st edition 1942; 26 pages.
word count: 7962 which is equivalent to 31 standard pages of text
- Liquid Vanishing Cup: How to make a cup for vanishing things
- Liquid Goes
- Cola to Confetti
- The Sugar Hoarder
- Water on the Knee: Vanishing and re-appearing whiskey
- Jigger thru the Handkerchief
- Diminishing Drink
- Vanishing Cup of Liquid in Newspaper
- Cups go Rice Bowl
- Granulated Sugar Lumps: Loose sugar to lumps
- The Magic Baker: Eggs, flour,etc. to cupcakes
- Multiplying Sugar and Hot Coffee.
- Appearing Silk in Cup
- Egg and Silk Transposition
- Triple Production from Cups: Bran changes to candy, popcorn and soda
- Liquid Appears: Two gimmicked cups
- Silk and Water
- From Cup to Cup
- Where Does the Liquid Go? (Uses trap in table)
- Cup of Cola thru the Hat
- The Homing Cup
- Liquid Producing Cup: How to make a liquid production cup
- Penetration of Liquid
- A Magic Separation: Requires gimmicked pitcher or glass
- Transposition of Liquids: Requires gimmicked pitcher or glass
- Cups and Balls with Liquid Finish: One paragraph suggestion
- Description of Cups Used: Lists all the paper cups and props - ca. 1943